Sunday, June 28, 2009

Maybe I Should Buy Another



Dear SEGA,

True fans are speaking when we say that a conclusion to the story is of utmost importance. Not only do I own the first Shenmue for Dreamcast, I also own its counter-part on the Dreamcast as well as on the original X-Box. I hope that our posts are not falling upon deaf ears, as our numbers are growing daily. I long for the day to open up more capsule toys after consuming vending-machine coffee, only to have the caffeine kick in while I open it to reveal that I must be an alzheimers patient who forgot I just bought one with the exclamation " Maybe I should buy another."

Please let me have more inventive quick-time events where I smash watermelons with a godly pimp-like backhand. Please make a third ( and hopefully not final ) Shenmue instead of focusing on a decaying hedge-hog whose glory days have left him behind back in the nineties. If it would make a difference to your budget, no-one cares what the exact weather conditions were in Hong-Kong on the days of the story, we just want a conclusion to the world that drew us in and made us replay fight after fight to see if we could do it faster.




P.S.
If you don't mind, I would like to see an end of the apathetic way Ryo stares at everything and everyone, as if life is so mundane that nothing short of a space-station crashing on his head would wipe off the zombie-like mug he carries around.

Sincerely Yours,
Shenmue Fan.

No comments:

Post a Comment