Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Shayayayayyyyyyyyyyeeeeeeeeeeenmue

Dear SEGA,

Come on Shenmue
Sheyeyeyyyyenmue
Sheyyyyyyyyyyenmue
Sheshybeeblysheeeeeeflenflu
Sheyyyyeyyyenenenenmuemuemue

I thought I had you pegged: on the prowl for gamers who have money
You'd find one, delight his eye - he'd play, you'd pull the reel in
He'd buy all your peripherals - all your nintenfriends would blink in envy
Instead you headed straight for me, dragged me gratefully to the floor and said: "Let's see you..."

Sheeyayayayyyayayayayayayeeenmue
Sheshyblyayayayayeeenmue
Shayayayaaaaaaaaaaaaaayenmue
Shabladadoobiedabenmue

"Look, I'd believe this if you came here
More on your own rather than the arcade
Not just to win a bet with yourself or a secret ring
Not just to win the console war or be paid"

"See, at nineteen, to be a wiser fanboy,
I hid beneath the radar's knob
I met gamers who, with hearts destroyed,
Made everyone look like a junked R.O.B"

"Since no Sega screams
Have convinced me
I've no idea what I'm gonna do
To change this mindset I've had ever since you stopped making Shenmue."

Come on, Shenmue

Sheyeyeyeyyyyyyyyyyyyenmuuuue
Sheshayayayshenbenflenamasheeeeenmuuuuue
Sheysheyeyeyyyyyeyysheyshenmuuuuuuuuuuuue
Sheyeyyyyyyyyyeyyyyyyyyyyeyyyyyyeyyeyeyeyyeyeyeeeeyayayayenmue

And you replied: "Hell, let's both unzip our shining-souls,
And run through fields with the beast-rider gods,
And we can shadow black-doom with a fast shoe."
And I said: "Right! How many crappy games am I gonna have to play through?"

(Come on, Shenmue!)

Shenmue up
Shenmue down
Shenmue up
Shenmue down
Shenmue...Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Select, Start? Not quite.

Shenmue...somehow

Sincerely Yours,
Shenmue Fan.

No comments:

Post a Comment